Comey FBI chief has rejected phone tap allegation by the US president.
The US media said that FBI director James Comey has rejected President Donald Trump’s claim
On Saturday that his predecessor, Barack Obama, tapped his phone.
Mr Comey reportedly asked the US justice department to reject the allegation
Which states that Mr Obama ordered a wiretap during last year’s election campaign.
He is said to have asked for the correction because it falsely insinuates that the FBI broke the law.
The development was reported by the New York Times and confirmed by NBC.
The justice department has yet to issue a statement on the latest reports.
Mr Trump offered no evidence to support his allegation that phones at Trump Tower were tapped last year.
A spokesman for Mr Obama said the allegation was “simply false”.